Listed below are publications using data from the National Survey on Health and Disability (NSHD) as of December 2022:
1. Goddard, K., Hall JP, & Kurth NK. (2022). Examining differences in self-reported health and access to health care among people with early- and late-onset disability. Journal of Disability Policy Studies. https://doi.org/10.1177/10442073221142253
2. Hall JP, Kurth NK, Ipsen C, Myers A, & Goddard, K. (2022) Comparing measures of functional difficulty with self-identified disability: Implications for Health Policy. Health Affairs, 41(10).
3. Sage, R., Standley, K., & Ipsen, C. (2022). "Everything is a Mess. I'm Just Trying to Survive It.": Impacts of COVID-19 on Personal Assistance Services. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved33(4), 1844-1864. https://www.muse.jhu.edu/article/868694
4. Gimm G. & Ipsen C. (2022). Examining rural-urban disparities in perceived need for health care services among adults with disabilities. Frontiers in Rehabilitation Sciences, 3:875978.
5. Mulcahy A, Streed CG, Wallisch AM, Batza, K, Kurth NK, Hall JP, 7 & McMaughan DJ. (2022). Gender Identity, Disability and Unmet Healthcare Needs among Disabled People Living in the Community in the United States. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 19(5), 2588.
6. Ipsen C & Repke M. (2022). Reaching people with disabilities to learn about their experiences of social connection and loneliness. Disability and Health Journal,15(1).
7. Hughes PM, Wu BS, Annis EI, Brunelli, BA, Kurth NK, Hall JP, & Thomas KC. (2022). Association of inadequate provider networks with unmet need for health services and self-employment among people with disabilities. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 33(2), 984-997.
8. Streed CG, Hall JP, Boyd BA, Batza K, & Kurth NK. (2021) Characteristics of sexual and gender minority respondents of the 2019-2020 National Survey on Health and Disabilities. LGBT Health 8(8), 563-568.
9. Research and Training Center on Disability in Rural Communities. (2021). Social isolation and loneliness among rural and urban people with disabilities. Author: Missoula, MT.
10. Hall JP, Kurth NK, Goddard K. (2021). Assessing factors associated with social connectedness in adults with mobility disabilities. Disability and Health Journal, special issue.
11. Ipsen C, Kurth NK, Hall JP. (2021) Evaluating MTurk as a recruitment tool for rural people with disabilities. Disability and Health Journal.
12. Hall JP, Batza K, Streed CG, Boyd BA, Kurth NK. (2020) Health Disparities Among Sexual and Gender Minorities with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. 2020:1-7. doi:10.1007/s10803-020-04399-2.
13. Smith S, Hall JP, Kurth NK. (2020) Perspectives on health policy from people with disabilities. Journal of Disability Policy Studies.
14. The Research and Training Center on Disability in Rural Communities. (August 2020). America at a Glance: Social isolation and loneliness during the first wave of COVID-19. Missoula, MT: The University of Montana Rural Institute for Inclusive Communities.
15. Hall JP, Kurth NK. (2019). A Comparison of Health Disparities Among Americans With Intellectual Disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder and Americans With Other Disabilities. Inclusion 7(3), 160-168. doi: 10.1352/2326-6988-7.3.160
16. Repke MA, Ipsen C. (2019). Differences in social connectedness and perceived isolation among rural and urban adults with disabilities. Disability and Health Journal. 13(1), doi:10.1016/j.dhjo.2019.100829.