Other Health Resources
The following resources provide information about disability and health and programs that have been proven effective.
- The CDC Disabilty and Health Program provides information about healthy living, including physical activity, nutrition, medication safety and other topics.
- Tools for Better Health includes programs from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. Click the "Find a Workshop" button to search for a program in your area.
- Women Be Healthy provides information about health care for women with intellectual and developmental disabilities. You'll find information about breast and cervical cancer screenings, HPV, and how to talk with your nurse or doctor.
- Table Manners: A Guide to the Pelvic Examination for Disabled Women and Health Care Providers has detailed information for women with a range of disabilities. Though published in 1982, the information remains pertinent.
- Kansas Rides promotes independence, builds connections, and preserves Kansas living with service around public transportation.
- The Kansas BRFSS Mental Health Fact Sheets have information about the mental health of people with disabilities.
- The CDC's Public Transportation Health Action Guide has information about the relationship between access to transportation and access to employment, food, education, healthcare, and the community.