The Kansas DHP works with a network of partners to improve access, opportunities and supports for physical activity. We list programs here that have been tested and proven effective.
NCHPAD's 14 Weeks to a Healthier You!
The National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability (NCHPAD) offers Kansans with disabilities a free, personalized web-based physical activity program.
What is the program?
- Designed for people with mobility limitations, chronic health conditions and physical disabilities.
- The goal is to help you get moving and making healthy nutrition choices.
- The program is 14 weeks long.
How does it work?
- You register online for the program and tell NCHPAD a little about yourself.
- NCHPAD staff take your information and provide you with personalized resources and exercises that meet your individual needs over the course of 14 seeks.
- You receive new material each week that builds on the previous weeks.
- For best results, visit the website at least once a week.
- The Kansas Disability and Health Program will contact you to see what you thought of the program.
What do I get throughout the program?
- New personalized weekly exercises, recipes and nutrition tips.
- Motivational resources such as articles, tips, reminders and alerts.
- Features to help you track your activity and what you eat.
- Access to 14-week coaches.
To participate, please click the button at the top of the page or go to: www.nchpad.org/14weeks/?f=KS.
Download a PDF about the program.